Melody was totally noncommittal - skillfully encouraging each student to participate. After listening to the discussions, students were able to change their opinions.
The discussion was intense, thoughtful, and demonstrated a high level of metacognition.
Maureen commented on:
1. the high level of student engagement
2. the benefit of observing these students (she knows in various contexts) in English class
3. the benefit of setting up a before, during, and after framework for students with this anticipation guide
4. the high level of metacognition when students asked questions, reflected on wording, make connections, explained their perspectives
5. the benefit of helping students look through each other's perspectives